Growing Gift Basket Market
The gift basket business and accompanying products showed a 9 % growth in the past few years, and this is good news for those wishing to start their own home-based gift basket business. The key to success is to include creative and trendy products when selecting food and other products in gift baskets. Organic, gluten-free and natural foods continue to appear prominently in gift baskets over the past couple years. Some gift basket companies have created healthy food baskets to take advantage of this trend.
Gift Basket Business Items Needed
If you are thinking of starting a gift basket business in your home, you may want to consider some of the following items for your to-do list:
- Create a business plan
- Consider researching business insurance
- Secure a business license (local, state & federal)
- Sales tax license
- Think about joining your local chamber of commerce
- Decide what type of gift basket marketing you’ll do
- Get involved in social media
- Compile a list of corporate prospects
- Design gift basket brochures, business cards & post cards
Of course this list of gift basket business ideas isn’t complete, but it’s a good start.